Sunday, November 13, 2016

Making Lipstick Last All Day

Reapplying lipstick is frustrating and tiring. I hate having to be conscience of it smearing when I take a sip of my coffee or when I kiss my little man. 

Here's how you can make your luscious color last all day. 

1. Exfoliate 
Exfoliate the night before to make sure you get all the dry, flaky skin out of your way for some soft pillows on your lips. Use a lip scrub or even coconut oil & lip balm, and just brush away the skin. 


2. Moisturize 
After exfoliating, apply some hydration  (cream or balm) to ensure your lips don't dry out over night. Then apply another layer when you wake up! 


3. Prime 
Priming is the real foundation of the color you're choosing. Helping the color want to stick to your lips, apply primer on upper and lower lip. If you don't have a primer, that's okay! Just use a lip liner that matches your skin tone or color of lipstick.


4. Apply 
Following the steps above, any formula of lipstick will now stay put all day. Matte or liquid, you can work it! I don't think I need to explain how to apply your lipstick, but if you're looking for a little more coverage, two-three swipes on each lip should get the job done. 


5. Clean 
It's hard to color in the lines, right? Clean up any smudges or stray areas of color. I like to use a Q-Tip dipped in makeup remover and clean up around my lips. 


That's it! Simple right? Now you know your lips will look great, without having to pull out your compact mirror and lipstick every 30 minutes. 


Enjoy! Happy Sunday :) 

2 comments:

  1. Great tips! I swear by Lipcote lipstick sealer, but it can be really drying if you don't moisturise your lips. :) #FridayFrivolity

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tips, I don't wear lipstick because I am just too lazy

    ReplyDelete